Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Big Day for the Donovan's

Today was a very big day for the Donovan's!  Not only was it my first day back to school, but it was also Ella's first day of first grade, and Grayson's third birthday!  Shew... not sure we could pack much more excitement in there!

I was totally ready for today and the thirty bright faces that ended up in my classroom.  It's funny how I felt like I already knew them after looking through the yearbook from last year and praying for them as the days drew near.  I really think we will have a great year and I'm looking forward to seeing how much they grow.  They seem  like a fun bunch of kiddos with lots of personality.  We definitely had a good time together today.  As one of my kids said at the end of the day, "School's over already?  That was fast!"  Time flies when you're having fun!

Ella did exceptionally well today!  I was a little nervous, but other than a few scared moments early this morning as we were getting dressed, she quickly got excited about her new adventure.  She scarfed down an entire McDonald's biscuit which says a lot considering I couldn't have with my nervous stomach!  She had no trouble with me leaving and said she can't wait to go back tomorrow!  YAY! :)  This is such a relief.  I remember loving first grade so I am hoping Ella loves it just as much as I did!  I'm not really sure there was a grade I didn't love!


I just can't believe my baby boy is three today!  It seems just like yesterday I was heading to the hospital to have him!  What an awesome experience that was!  And, what a joy he is to our lives!  I can't imagine our little family without him.  I know he is super excited for his "Construction" party Sunday and so are we!  Yay for Grayson and the happiness he brings to everyone he knows!


And, in order to wake up at 4:45 tomorrow morning, I better end it there!  Good night and sweet dreams
 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment