Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

EXHAUSTED Doesn't Describe it!

Week one is down and week two is rearing its' ugly head!  The first week of "back to school" is always so exhausting and not just from getting up early.  There are so many emotions and thoughts processed that first week of school that I think my body wears itself out!   I am still in the really pumped phase where I wake up early and am super motivated to work :)  I do believe it is starting to catch up with me though.  My head is constantly hurting, my moods are all over the place, and I was in bed tonight before 8! 

On the other hand, I really LOVE my group of kiddos!  They all seem so sweet and very bright.  I'm down 3 from last year which puts me at 31.  So far, other than needing to learn Spanish for my non-English speaking student, my biggest challenge is going to be making things challenging for them.  I'm loving our conversations and their ability to respond to higher level questions.  Give me a week or so and I'll let you know if the "honeymoon" phase has worn off yet.  I'm hoping not ;) 

This week I'm praying for energy and patience with my own kiddos and husband as my stress and long days continue to take their toll on my body and mind.  Do any of you other teacher mommies have some tips on getting back into the swing of school/home and managing the exhaustion?  It's nights like tonight that I am super thankful for the past eight weeks of non-stress!  I honestly don't know that I could go without a "break!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment