Search This Blog

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Timely Blessing

In previous posts, I had mentioned the possibility of winning a new car from Hudson Nissan in Nicholasville. Well, sure enough, this past Saturday..... I won a car!

Back around January, my aunt Jill had heard of the Hudson Nissan Teacher of the Year contest and nominated me for it.  The idea was to give back to teachers by allowing one to receive a free 2014 Nissan Altima for a year.  We hadn't purchased a new car at the time because I wasn't ready to drive and after seeing how quickly the votes took off, we postponed purchasing until the end of the contest.  If there was any way we could win, we didn't want to waste money on a car payment for a year!  Consequently, the Donovan family remained a one car family for 4.5 months.  It was nice, but I totally missed my independence and hated begging for rides every day of the week!  I'm very thankful to everyone who pitched in to transport me and my kiddos.  I am also extremely thankful to everyone who took the time to vote for me!

This timely blessing is just one more example of God's power in our lives!  It has amazed me how He used my aunt (thankfully she listened!) and social media (one positive thing about Facebook!) to bless my family again.  This was a gift that was beyond anything I could have imagined.  I mean really.... I had a car wreck and then win a contest that allows a teacher to win a car.  This is no coincidence friends! So, after a short radio clip and a news segment, yesterday, I got to drive away in a brand new car!

I've never owned a brand new car in my life and have to admit it felt incredible driving around yesterday with a car that allows my Pandora to play through my car speakers with Bluetooth!!  The car that I currently have will remain mine for the next 30 days.  Then, I will switch out with another brand new Altima and repeat every 3 to 4 months for the next year.  I'm totally in love with the one I have, but it will be awesome to get to try out different colors and styles.  I'm assuming they need to keep the miles down on their cars which is probably a good thing since I tend to rack up the miles on every car I drive!  Hudson Nissan put no stipulations on the cars, just that I trade out like I mentioned.  So, yay for having no car payment for a year and not having to pay for car insurance on another car!  Praise the Lord!

I uploaded a few pictures from the event yesterday for you to see.  And, again, thank you to everyone who took the time to vote and leave a comment!  I am blessed to live in such a supportive community!




2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW ~ I agree it is an act of God. We faithfully pray and He faithfully answers. Enjoy the ride ! Not with just the car, but the ride of life ~ love you sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete