Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

I can honestly write this past weekend down as one of the best weekends I've had in a while for many reasons.

First of all, my recovery from surgery has been great, so my few days away from school were actually enjoyable.  I was able to enjoy the sunshine and get a small glimpse at what our life will be like in just a few short weeks!  Being home, allowed me time to get all those things done like cleaning the house, laundry, etc. and let me actually enjoy the entire weekend!  I've posted a few pictures of my healing for you to check out in case you are into that sort of thing.  I personally find myself on Google images all the time looking up different ailments and diagnoses..... strange.... maybe.



Second, this weekend was Mother's Day weekend so it was packed full of family fun.  We spent Saturday evening with my family and yummy food at Olive Garden. After church on Sunday, we went to Mellow Mushroom with Kermie's family.



The only thing I had asked for this year was a day of non-stop yard work.  I love flowers....looking at them, shopping for them, planting them, and most days, watering them.  I also love doing anything outside especially when it makes my outside space more enjoyable, so put the two together and I'm one happy girl!  We loaded up the Nissan with tons of mulch and flowers and spent several hours digging, pulling, spreading, and watering.  About 2 hours in, I lost my gloves, so you can imagine how my finger nails look right about now!  And, having my yard all fancied up kind of makes me not want to ever leave my house and just sit outside all day.  I can't imagine how I'd be if I had one of those really awesome outdoor spaces!

Tomorrow, I'm back to work and the daily grind.  I'm setting a few new goals for myself these last few weeks that include some quality "God" time in the morning and exercise EVERY evening.  Consistency is my biggest downfall, so I may need reminders!  If you hear me talking about how "tired" I am and wanting to sleep in or go to bed as soon as I get home, please remind me that that is not an option!  These next few weeks are already stressful enough, so the only way I'm going to make it through them a "decent" person is with God and lots of good endorphins!

Until next time, Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful moms out there!
 




1 comment:

  1. I love you, I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day :) The quote is so true. Being a mother is wonderful and extremely scary all at the same time, and it is forever.

    ReplyDelete