Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Three weeks out and a summertime tease

This past weekend was Memorial Day weekend and it was nothing but a "summertime tease!"  Not only was the weather absolutely perfect all weekend long, but we spent the weekend doing the things we love (playing in the water, country drives, laying around, staying outside as much as we can), got to see family, caught up with some friends, and slept in an extra day!  Oh, the joys of summer... too bad we had to go back to school today and will for another 8 days.  I could tell my kiddos enjoyed their weekend too because they were all dragging a bit today.  I promised them that in 8 more days they could have many more weekends and even weekdays like what we just had.  I also told them that I loved those snow days that we are making up and I'm thankful to have had them as part of my recovery time.  

Speaking of recovery, tomorrow will mark my three week post-op checkpoint.  If I'm completely honest, I feel pretty darn good as far as my appearance goes.  I had multiple people comment on my progress last week and my doctor even said that she doesn't want to see me again until December!  My measurements were spot on and she said I had a little right side movement that wasn't there before.  YAHOO!  I go back to Dr. Timoney Friday to see what he thinks and I'm sure I will continue to see him for a while.  My next scar appointment is June 10th and I'm anxious to see what he wants to do.  After all, that should be the last thing other than eyelashes.  I've posted some "selfies" at three weeks for you to see. 






P.S.   Happy birthday to Kermie today!  I love you :) 

1 comment:

  1. I was doing good until the P.S. part ! Perfect Ending <3

    ReplyDelete