Search This Blog

Monday, August 4, 2014

Two of My Greatest Blessings

I've been wanting to do a blog post about my kiddos for a while now, so tonight's post is dedicated to two of my greatest blessings, Ella and Grayson.  From a very young age, I knew I wanted to be a mom.  I couldn't wait to see how my children would look and how they would act.  I've always marveled at how God allows us to create such awesome miracles!  Now that I've got my own, I'm still in awe of how perfectly imperfect He made my kiddos.

I'll start with Ms. Ella.  She's a lot like me in both good and bad ways!  She's the "older" sister, so she's bossy and a know-it-all.  I honestly don't like playing with her because she tells me EXACTLY how to play.  Heaven forbid I want to name my own Barbie and color a specific picture!  (haha) She's creative beyond my imagination and has a huge heart.  She's brainstorming ways for me to see again out of my right eye and actually has pretty good ideas if her math and science can lead her in the right direction. Her poor little heart breaks when she has to leave those she loves most.  Take my mom for instance.  She and Ella have a special relationship that I am very thankful for.  On the other hand, Ella nearly has a meltdown when it's time to leave her Nana! I remember being the same way when I was small with my nanny.  On the other hand... she's quite the dramatic as well.  I know the child deals with anxiety and it's a serious road blocker for her, but she also deals with making things WAY bigger than they should be.  Kermie and I are afraid to take her out sometimes because we are afraid of what scene she will make when it's time to go home.  We've told her countless times that people are going to think we are terrible parents by the way she acts.  Much like her mommy, she gets very anxious at bedtime.  Or at least I did as a child and even still have trouble at night if I'm in an uncomfortable place.  It's strange how something so specific can be passed down  She absolutely loves school and her teachers.  She is a deep thinker and can rationalize things that most 6.75 year olds can't.  This is both good and bad.  Even though I'm partial, I happen to think she's absolutely beautiful both inside and out.  She makes my day with her small little compliments.  The other day after the day was nearing it's end, she said, " Mommy, your pony tail was perfect today."  It's those things that make her even more special.    She wants to be as good as she can possibly be and even hoped that getting baptized would stop her from doing "bad" things.  How could you not forgive such innocence?  She sees the good in everyone and has a tremendous amount of faith.  And, last but not least, she makes me very proud to be her mommy!

Then there's the second child...

Like I've said before, Grayson is most definitely one of a kind!  He's obsessed with "workers," "all things cool," and any thing else his daddy does.  The funny thing is what he considers cool.  He has at least ten wardrobe changes a day which all consist of putting his shirt on backwards, worker jeans, boots, a cool hat, and whatever accessory he can find even if it is his sisters or mommy's.  He loves coming home from being gone all day because he already knows what outfit he wants to put on in order to go "mow" the grass.  The poor kid will go out in 90 degree weather dressed for winter because he thinks he looks the part.  God love him.  Grayson is also an instigator.  He loves to get his sister all riled up and has no problem being mean when he's bossed around.  He is sensitive and caring and has so much love to give if you catch him at the right moment.  I can usually count on him to do favors for me when I'm feeling lazy because he loves to make his mommy happy.  For instance, I was laying on the couch tonight and asked both kids to grab my favorite blanket.  Ella quickly refused while Grayson got up and grabbed it without hesitating.  He loves being rubbed and wont let you stop for a minute.  I'm not certain that school will be as important or fun to him like it is his sister, but we will find out in a few weeks when he starts preschool.  I've tried my hardest this summer, but he gives me about 10 minutes and then he's gone!  Good luck to his future teachers.  He can say some pretty mean things when he wants which I think is another thing he may get from me.  Boo!  We are working on that and I'm trying to set a better example.  Until then, he spends a lot of his life in time out. I can honestly say that I was nervous about having a boy after having my meek and somewhat mild Ella, but Grayson stole my heart the minute I laid eyes on him.  Yes, he can be rowdy, but he's oh so sweet at the same time.  Just like his sister, but in his own unique way, he makes me proud to be his mommy!

As always, I'm thankful for these babies and every memory we make together.

No comments:

Post a Comment