Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Stress... Say What?!?

Who would have thought that someone with eight weeks off of work with basically nothing to do would be stressed?  I mean, aren't teachers supposed to de-stress during the summer months?  Well, I'm here to tell you that some how, some way... stress always tries to sneak it's way back in to my life no matter what season it is. 

I will be completely honest with you too, I don't always deal with stress in the best way.  Typically, I put it all on my poor husband and then that just stresses him (or irritates the crap out of him).  However, for as long as I know, any time I have been "stressed" or "anxious" about something he has been my stable ground.  He's so easy going and doesn't tend to let things get him down (at least not as often as I do).  More importantly, he's really good at reminding me of what is truly important in life.  Sometimes he drives me crazy with how "down to earth" he is, but I'm thankful for him in times where I feel like I'm drowning in worry. 

Last night was a "stressful" night for me in many ways.  You know what they say, "When it rains, it pours."  So, here I was getting myself all worked up over things that don't make a bit of a difference and Kermie calmly addresses the situation and that's that.  Plus, I ran into this little quote on Facebook that topped it off.  I love how God speaks... even through social media.

 
So, if you're feeling anxious or worried, just remember these wise words from Rick Warren:
 
"The more you pray, the less you'll panic.  The more you worship, the less you worry.  You'll feel more patient and less pressured."
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment