Search This Blog

Monday, February 10, 2014

Back at it!

With all of the crazy weather we've had, my first day back at school got pushed back two days.  I didn't end up going back until Friday, but I had no complaints because anybody can handle a Friday, right?  I was super excited about returning today, but Snow Day #15 made that slightly impossible.  I am definitely not complaining about another snow day as we were gone all weekend and today has given me a chance to catch up on a lot of things that needed to get finished! 

But, back to the first day...  it was terrific!  It's kind of hard not to have a terrific day when your co-worker/third grade teacher brings you a box of chocolate, your teammate brings you a McDonald's sweet tea, your students shower you with hugs and gifts, and your school counselor sends you a sweet text along with every other friend and family member! On the other hand, being out for almost nine weeks does a number on your memory!  I completely forgot about being able to wear jeans on Fridays and even forgot part of my daily schedule!  I guess that's what happens when your only scheduling consists of doctor appointments and the Price is Right. :)  Below is a picture my mom snapped from her phone Friday morning after I dropped Grayson off. 


Tomorrow, I go back to the doctor to get the stitches out of my cheek.  Yay!  Several of my students said they thought it was a mole!  On Friday, I opened up each of my four rotations with a discussion about my accident and healing.  The students had a few minutes to write down any questions they wanted me to answer and then we spent a good 15 minutes talking about the accident, Ella, my surgeries, my feelings, and the biology of the eye!  They had some great questions and I loved getting to teach some science!  I really wish I had an appointment with my eye doctor sooner than later because my upper eyelid and skin under my eye has been swelling quite a bit the past several days.  I have been waking up and going to bed with an ice pack on my eye and started back on the Ibuprofen.  Hopefully it's just part of the healing phase and will stop soon!

Until next time, I hope everyone has a blessed day! :) 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful that you are easing back in your routine. Sometimes, when anything gets us off track, it is very hard to get back on. God is absolutely awesome and it is very evident that He love you very, very much... Keep moving forward :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you mentioned that your "Mom" took a pic of you before heading off to school I could feel myself in her shoes, you are a teacher now, but, I know she felt like she was sending her little girl to the first day of school again. If I know my sister as well as I think I do. Proud of you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your classes loved having you back! What an opportunity you had to talk with them about your accident and healing...... Real life teaching, the wonderful stuff about being a teacher!! I hope you have a great week and I'm thankful the snow days can help you ease into routine!

    ReplyDelete