Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Unwanted Culprit


Despite the terrible weather Monday morning, Kermie took me to my doctor's appointment so that I could finally get the piece of wood out of my cheek!  It didn't hurt or anything, but it was another reminder of the fence that threw me for a whirlwind and I've been ready to get it out since the day we noticed it was there (Way back before Christmas!)!

I know I've mentioned before how protective my husband is, but our car ride to UK was just another example.  He's so funny and don't get me wrong... I love that he likes taking care of me!  He kept asking if I was nervous, asked me if I had eaten breakfast, tried to find me something to eat (I guess he thought I was going to pass out or something), asked if I needed an anxiety pill, etc.  I told him maybe he should be the one to take a pill! Honestly, I wasn't nervous at all.  In fact, my mindset was: one thing down... a few more to go! 

The procedure took less than 30 minutes once we got started.  I felt nothing other than the numbing shots which definitely didn't feel good.  Dr. Patel and April are almost like family these days so I felt very comfortable.  There was a new guy who helped out, but if they like him... I guess I do too. :)  Once they sewed me up, Dr. Patel showed me the culprit which was crazy to finally see outside of my cheek!  Before they took it out, I could literally pick it up and hold it under my skin, so I knew it wasn't a small splinter or anything.  I kind of wanted to ask if I could keep it as a souvenir, but I thought they may think I was crazy or something. 

So... I return to the doctor next Tuesday afternoon to have the stitches removed.  Then, meet with my eye doctor and muscle doctor at the end of the month.  No final word on Spring Break surgery yet, but April seemed to think that we would be doing the scar revisions first.  On the other hand, if the weather cooperates, I return to work tomorrow!  I'm not nervous yet, but I'm sure it will set in soon!  I'm just thankful to be able to return!  Praise God for giving me another chance to do one of my most favorite things... teach! 

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud about wanting to keep the wood ! people keep the kidney stones and gall stones so you could have kept your wood ! you have come a long way ~ I bet you will be even a greater teacher !! love you :) I will get my cookies sunday maybe if that is okay after church. maybe we can do a drop off pick up spot ..just let me know

    ReplyDelete