Search This Blog

Monday, February 17, 2014

Recognition Deserved

Today was a big day for Ms. Ella!  She was recognized by the paramedics that responded to our accident along with other members of GSCEMS for her bravery.  It was great seeing both of the paramedics again... this time in celebration!  I didn't think I'd remember their faces, but sure enough I did.  Before going to Ella's classroom for her recognition, we talked about both the accident and recovery.  They also showed me some pictures of the van and a little yucky feeling crept up inside of me when they showed me the picture of the inside of the van.  I had no idea that crazy piece of wood made its way all the way to the back of my van!  Seeing that picture was just another reminder of how grateful I am to have my sweet baby and for her to still have her mommy! 

After one of the paramedics spoke about the accident and how Ella was able to stay brave and calm during the accident, they presented her with a framed certificate and an honorary pin.  She was in awe of both, but especially the pin that had a beautiful blue jewel in it.  :)  She's all girl!  I am thankful for both GSCEMS and Ella's teacher for allowing her to have this time of recognition.  I think she was a little nervous, but loved the extra attention.  I'm hoping that the other kids in her class will be inspired to be brave not only in times of tragedy, but in every day life as well.  There are so many times each day that we all have the chance to be courageous by standing up for what we believe, standing up for another person being bullied or abused, or even other things that seem near impossible.  The great thing is that all things are possible through Christ and all it takes is a little faith.  Had you told me I would have been in a car wreck and Ella react the way she did a week before the accident, I wouldn't have believed it.  To me, she was this tiny, worrisome little girl who would be horrified and traumatized by such an experience.  But, no, she turned out much stronger than I ever believed which makes this recovery so much easier for me.  For that, I am also grateful! 

Below are a few pictures my mom and mother-in-law snapped during Ella's recognition.  Mom also arrived a little early and sneaked in pictures of me teaching without me knowing!  SNEAKY! 





Here is a link to Ella's news debut

2 comments:

  1. How special! Made me teary just to think of how God's hand of protection was on you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely AMAZING!!! I am so proud of Ella and how brave she was and I know she learned it from her brave Mommy and Daddy! This ceremony may give Ella some closure so that she can put the car wreck away and realize that everyone is happy, well and able to move forward. I am so proud of both of you and I'm thankful that you can be God's voice when telling your story...

    ReplyDelete