Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

PICC Line Out!

Yesterday marked another big day in my road to recovery.  My Home Health Nurse was scheduled to come and remove my PICC line which means no more IV antibiotics for this lady!  This is exciting to me for several reasons:  one, I don't have that contraption hanging out of my arm; two, I will be able to bathe without putting plastic wrap around my arm; three, I can hold my children who are desperate to snuggle with their mommy; four, I can be of more help around the house; fifth, my stomach will hopefully return to normal; and sixth, it shows God is healing me more each day!  I honestly felt like a free woman yesterday!  I can only imagine what cancer patients and others who have to routinely receive medications (much harsher) like that for a prolonged amount of time feel like... sure puts things into perspective!

On top of getting my PICC line out, I got to spend the day with my sister-in-law, Jackie, who was an extreme help with the kids, food, messes, you name... she had it! Plus, she brought Starbucks!! :)  I LOVE my family!  I showed her and the kids both how much more my eye is opening and they seemed pretty impressed.  Grayson was a bit giddy with the PICC line was all the way out and Ella clapped when she saw me opening my eyelid! :)  Day by day, God is healing me from the inside out.  What a blessing!  Jackie took several pictures of the event so I hope they aren't too graphic for you.  On the other hand, these are all things that I want to be able to remember when looking back at my road to recovery. 

One last note, my plastics doctor got in touch with us and actually wants to push back my lower eye graft until January 22nd which makes me a little bummed, but he's the expert and it's all in God's hands at this point.  After the graft heals, I'm expecting my eye doctor to do the last surgery to reconstruct my lower eyelid.  My facial scars are healing nice (probably because my husband is the world's best scar care taker!), my eye movement is increasing daily, and my lid is beginning to open bit by bit.  I'm praying for the recovery of my vision, but until then, I am blessed to be here and share this story with you guys. 

Hope you enjoy the pictures and Merry Christmas! :)









4 comments:

  1. I am happy for you Brooke. God is continuing to heal you and your strength to share your testimony is amazing. You look great; I love to see you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome, you are amazing Jillyanne..and you look wonderful. Love that smile !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been keeping up with your blog. I'm friends with Jackie and know she has been a big help to you. I know you have had a lot of prayers and hope every day you continue to improve. You have been thru so much. Beautiful lady and beautiful family. My brother has been asking about updates on you. He works at your school and been concerned about you, Ronnie Blackburn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please tell Ronnie I miss him :). He is such a genuine person and Ella and me both adore him!

    ReplyDelete