Search This Blog

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Thankful for the BIG 30

I know most people get a little frantic when thinking about turning 30, but in all honesty, it didn't bother me one bit.  I guess in my mind, I felt very content.  I have a lovely family, a great job, an awesome God to serve, a house to live in that may be a little cramped, but I can only see my 30s getting better.  After December 2nd, my perspective may have shifted slightly, but only in the fact that there are going to be more learning experiences for me to encounter than what I had expected.   But, hey, it's always a good thing to keep learning and accepting new challenges at any age right?

So, for as long as I can remember, my mom and I always celebrate our birthdays together.  Hers is the 18th and mine is the 20th.  It makes it even more special that way.  What a birthday present??  A brand new baby!  One of our favorite places to eat is in Dry Ridge, Kentucky called La Rosa's.  If you've ever been to Kings Island, it's the same pizza they sell there.  We all went and it was nice because there wasn't anyone local there to have to stop and talk to about the accident.  Maybe that sounds a little selfish, but after being at the mall that same day and trying to get out and do normal things as much as possible this week, I've had my share of run ins with people and it plays a little with my anxiety.  I know people are sincere in their concerns, but when questions are asked like, "Do you think you will ever see out of that eye again?" It tends to bring me down and the Lord knows I'm trying to prepare myself for all possible outcomes.  So anyways, we celebrated in style with some pizza and when we returned home, my aunt Shari and Grandma had had the Marriott chef bake me this butter cake that was drizzled in a bourbon glaze.  It was by far the best cake I've ever eaten!  Here are a few pictures that Ella took with her Nana's phone at our birthday celebration.







 
Not only do I have a great family, but some pretty terrific friends as well!  On Saturday, they brought over Habachi dinner and cheese cake.  Of course, I had to share with them the cake my aunt and grandma had given me too!  Dinner was fabulous as was the conversation.  These girls have been by my side through this accident like nothing I've seen before.  They are constantly asking to help even if they have a multitude of things going on in their own lives.  I'm thankful God placed them  in my life when He did.  And, what is even more cool is how we've all kind of united out of different avenues in our lives.  Ashley and I have known each other since elementary school.  Sejla and I met in middle school because we were always in the same homeroom.  Brittany and I went to Georgetown together and student taught together across the hall.  It's all really amazing to me!  I looked forward to our get together all day long and enjoyed my in-home party!  Here are a few pictures from our celebration!


 
 
Thank you to everyone else that wished me a happy birthday!  It was indeed a great day to celebrate! :)


1 comment:

  1. So thankful you were able to celebrate your birthday with friends and family! 30 is bringing big things your way :)

    ReplyDelete