Search This Blog

Friday, June 28, 2013

Country at Heart

Any time I can take the back roads some where I do.  Usually, I'm a speeding bullet rushing to get somewhere and don't have time for back roads, but when I  do have time to spare I LOVE the scenic route. 

Tonight, on my way home from my aunt and uncle's house, I took the back roads.  My drive was so peaceful (even more peaceful because it was just me).  I love everything about the country:  endless trees, cows and horses grazing in the pastures, family sitting out on their front porch, winding creeks, small white churches, antiqued and weathered barns, big and beautiful worn houses, tractors, rusted fences, you name it... I love it.

If there is one thing I hope to achieve in the near future, it's to build a house out in the country.  I have wanted this for what seems like a very long time, but even more on nights like tonight.  It's absolutely gorgeous outside!!  Don't get me wrong.  I am enjoying my current piece of heaven: porch swing, trains, sounds of distant lawn mowers, and no traffic, but to have a backyard that the kids can explore and learn from is what I really want.  To be able to camp out, plant a garden, take pictures on my own property, have my grandkids over for Easter egg hunts, take walks on trails, let the dog run free, and even go fishing at the creek without having to get in the car is what I really want.  I honestly could care less what my house looks like other than that we have more than one bathroom and that the kids can have their own bedrooms (and maybe a bit of character... I'd take my house now if it were a bit bigger), but I want to be able to enjoy the outdoors in its full capacity. 



But for now, I'll be happy with our little abode here on Main Street. 


No comments:

Post a Comment