Search This Blog

Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy Summer Solstice

Tonight's post has a pretty simple message.... Summer is great!

Today has been an incredible first day of summer!  And, here are the reasons why it was so great:

  1. We all woke up around 8:30, which when compared to 5:00 is awesome!  
  2. We took our time getting ready... Ready for the pool that is :) 
  3. For about 5 1/2 hours we all lounged by my in-laws pool.  The kids swam or played.
  4. Ella got to spend the day with Ava doing whatever it is that they do :). Rearranging their Papa's shed was on today's agenda.
  5. Grayson was in heaven getting to ride the lawn mower and doing other manly things.  In fact, I got told to leave several times throughout the day.
  6. My sister-in-law and I sat out in the sun talking and sun bathing without a care in the world.... Thanks to my father-in-law who is probably exhausted from all the man play :). 
  7. My parents decided to come pick up Ella for the night for some one on one time.
  8. Grayson and I got in bed before dark, rented Wreck It Ralph, and ate chocolate chips and pretzels in bed. 
  9. He fell asleep a long time ago.
  10. Now, I am sitting here enjoying peace and quiet!  My hubby should be home soon :). 
Aahhh, summer is great :). 

1 comment: