Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

There's a first for everthing and strange addictions

Tonight's post is pretty random, but I thought I'd share any way.  My family found it quite amusing, so maybe you will too. :) 

Although I scored a tremendous 95% on my driver's test many moons ago, many people I know would claim my driving abilities aren't the best.  I guess I've not had the best track record when it comes to accidents (please let me note that more than half were caused by deer that didn't know which way to run...lol).  My first accident happened not too long after I got my license in the traffic leaving school.  It doesn't get much more humiliating than crashing into the back of your friend's car in front of your entire school.  I guess it does make for good memories though?!?  I've had a few (I can fit them on one hand) small bumps here and there.  And, like I mentioned before, my Passat was a deer magnet.  On the other hand, one thing that I have always been able to brag on is the fact that I've never been pulled over.  My husband, who has never had an accident, has been pulled over numerous times!!  I typically throw that back at him when he starts on my "bad" driving.  I really can't even use this as leverage though because there have been many mornings when I've zoomed right past my dad on I-75 trying to get to work on time.  Since having kids, I have gotten better, but I will admit more work needs to be done. 

For the past several weeks/months, there has been construction on I-75 which is my main road of transportation.  This construction starts pretty much from my exit and goes all the way to Georgetown, which means 55 mph is all I'm allowed.  Typically, I do pretty well at abiding by those limitations, but on days like today when I have to be at work for the first time all summer, speed limits and I don't get along.  Needless to say, I had a really hard time getting up this morning, getting the kids dressed, myself dressed, breakfast, and dropping the kids off.  Even if I had a week to practice I probably still wouldn't have done very well, but this morning was just not good.  I was supposed to be in town by 8:30 and didn't get to my mom's house until after 8.  Did I mention that she lives about 7 minutes further north than I do which puts me about 25 minutes from town?  I was cutting it close.  So, as I hopped on the interstate and paid no attention to the construction or speed limit (I was only going 65!), I noticed Mr. State Trooper turn on his lights and proceed to pull me over.... IN ALL THAT CONSTRUCTION.  I'm totally shocked that I didn't freak out, but I was actually very calm and cool :)  So, said cop comes to my window and asks for all my info and then lectures me on how there are men working and those speed limits are there for a reason.  He told me to slow down and let me off with a warning.  THANK YOU JESUS!  I guess there's a first for everything?

On a side note, ever since I can remember, I have loved yard sales.  My mom used to have them all the time and we used to go to them all the time.  For some reason, I love looking through other people's things and seeing if I can find a use for it.  There's not much better than finding something you love that would have cost you mucho $$$ for way less.  I also love finding my random stuff that doesn't get use and selling it.  So, this summer, I have been strangely addicted to online yard sale sites.  We've went to a couple actual yard sales, but my heart belongs to those on Facebook.  I get on there multiple times a day to see what new things have been posted.  I've sold more than I've actually bought, but the things we have found are a 1960's Vintage Barbie still in the box (which Buddy chewed up), a cool truck for Grayson, and quite a few books for my classroom.  Living in a house with very little storage space and just not being one to hold on to stuff any way, I'm always looking to get rid of things that are taking up space.  I've sold strollers, toys, clothes, and appliances so far.  I keep asking Kermie if he's got anything in his workshop that needs to be sold, but he keeps blowing me off.  I think he may be slightly annoyed by my obsession, but I'm sure he likes the extra cash.... no wait... I think I already spent it??

1 comment:

  1. You failed to mention this pull over today! Yikes!!
    I am a yard sale addict!! Major addict!

    ReplyDelete