Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Something old, but also new.

I really miss blogging.  For many years, I kept up with our family blog that more or less served as an online baby book for my daughter who is now 5 1/2 years old.  You can check it out here.   I attempted to keep up with it when the second child came, but for whatever reason was not able to do that.  I even had a blog that I created for my classroom when I taught 4th grade math, but with a school switch, grade switch, and content switch, I wasn't too sure about adding a blog into the mix.  Needless, to say, I am ready to blog again.

Over the years, I have thought about starting a "different" type of blog.  I love writing about my kids and family as I did in my other blog, but I also love writing about education, religion, friendships, marriage, and just life in general.  With my previous blog, I didn't feel like I could really steer that direction so I never did.  However, with this new start to my old practice, I'm hoping to create a sounding board for all that life brings on a daily basis.  I consider myself a fairly quiet person who doesn't share openly to many people... at least not in person and not right away.  On the other hand, I love to write and feel so comfortable opening up through writing.  Call me a chicken if you will, but I blame it on poor communication skills along side of a bit of social anxiety (self diagnosis). 

My goal through this blog is to be as transparent as I can be while revealing life's struggles and successes.  I plan to share trials and tribulations, beliefs and desires, stresses and moments of tranquility, and whatever else comes to mind.  I personally love reading and being able to relate to other women dealing with similar issues, so I hope that readers of this blog will be able to do the same while at the same time take away a bit of clarity and perspective to where life takes them next. 

So, cheers to blogging again!  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment