Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Woe is Me

First of all, let me start by saying I typically don't complain or at least not publicly, but I'm letting this blog be my diary and hoping my audience can relate in some way.  Good, bad, happy, or sad.... isn't it nice to know there is someone in the world that is right there with you?

With that being said, the title of this post is very fitting for my mood tonight.  It's really strange how I woke up so energetic and motivated, but now I feel stressed and blah.  We got to sleep in this morning, I made some money selling some of Ella's clothes, got some new books for my classroom, spent several hours working at school (I LOVE IT), went to the Dollar Tree with my kiddos (one of our favs), and even got to spend some time with one of my former students tonight.  However, while sitting in line at CVS waiting for my prescription, this yuck came over me all of a sudden. 

It seems like whenever I have these quiet moments alone my mind races and unfortunately it always drifts off to the world of pessimism.  As I sat there I thought about how much I hate students loans, how much I wish I didn't have to go home and do the mounds of laundry that I've let pile up, how much I wish this and that would happen, how I hate the dark spots on my face from the sun, how I hate feeling "lonely," and most of all how much I hate being the biggest I've ever been other than when I was pregnant (but even then I was only like 6 pounds heavier).  Aren't all of these thoughts terrible!?!? 

Here I am, a healthy twenty-nine year old, with two terrific kids, a great husband, a beautiful home, a job I absolutely love, a car that works, food in my refrigerator, the best family any one could ask for, two college degrees, a friend that invited me to go to the beach in a few short days, and most importantly a God that forgives me for all these selfish thoughts.  I am thankful for the new beginnings and fresh starts God gives me after only one little prayer.  I am thankful for all of the blessings He has given me and how He continues to show His mercy everyday.  I honestly cannot imagine what life would look like and feel like without faith in a God that takes all of my worries upon Himself. 

Happy Hump Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment